If you have missing teeth in your smile, you will want to find a dental restoration treatment as soon as you can. Why? Because missing teeth don’t just make your smile look less appealing, they have serious consequences on the overall functionality of your smile.
Dental bridges are a fixed (nonremovable) restoration that can help whether you are missing one tooth or several in a row. Today, Dr. Zana Alnaqib at Smiles by Design is happy to share some insight into the benefits of dental bridges for our patients in Scottsdale, Arizona, with missing teeth.
What Happens When Teeth Go Missing
- Your appearance suffers as the gaps stand out.
- Your speech can be affected.
- You are at a greater risk for gum disease as well as tooth decay.
- Your remaining teeth will shift.
- Your bite can change.
- Your unbalanced bite can cause temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) if your missing teeth are in the back of your mouth causing uneven pressure on your pearly whites.
Dental bridges are just one of the treatment options for patients with missing teeth in their smiles. Dental implants, partial dentures, and dental bridges all effectively restore your smile’s function and appearance. Depending on your situation, bridges might be the ideal solution for you.
To find out whether a dental bridge is right for you, we invite you to give our Smiles by Design team a call at 480-359-2227 in Scottsdale, Arizona, today. We look forward to helping you create the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve!